HOURS: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Or As Required)
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Property Manager position is central to the core of our Real Estate Services and of the property management team. Competent property management rests as the enduring core of our company and is the foundation from which we will continue to build this company for success in the future. Given an extensive portfolio of properties and tenants, the Property Manager is often our direct voice to the client and therefore represents the professionalism of our entire company by every action. Only the most serious need apply. Our preference is to hire ambitious individuals who seek such a long-term challenge.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING/SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Requires a four-year course of study resulting in a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, or a similar field of study, or a demonstrable equivalency in relevant experience.
• Previous experience in property management is a must.
• Must have a professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to motivate employees and client groups to meet desired action.
• Needs to possess a positive outlook with ability to stay organized and efficient under pressure.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, governmental regulations and business reports.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
• Ability to make effective presentations on general topics to an internal department, large group of employees, clients, and/or management.
• Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts complex financial/business analysis including the preparation of complex reports. Prepares and manages property budgets.
• Must have an excellent customer service approach to property owners and tenants. Must be able to deal effectively with vendors and brokers. Strong supervisory skills with property staff to ensure optimal performance.
• Needs strong PC/Mac experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google and have familiarity with property management software systems.
• Active real estate Brokers' License in Washington, minimally, plus any other state in which we are required to do so.
• CPM, CSM, and/or RPA professional designations.
• Valid driver's license.
• Licensed, insured, and registered automobile.
Work with the Director of Real Estate Services, Principals and members of the real estate services team to increase the value of assigned properties by creating and implementing a comprehensive management and leasing plan.
Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the property, including physical condition, mechanical, structural, etc.
Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with staff to resolve problems. Maintain positive relationships and high retention levels with all tenants. Respond to all problems and concerns and ensure compliance with rules and regulations. Assure optimal functioning of building systems (HVAC, fire/life safety equipment, elevators, etc.) and security systems.
Interact regularly with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met. Anticipate and respond to owner's needs and concerns. Oversee the preparation of accurate, timely and complete reports.
Supervise the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures. Oversee and approve the calculation of all special billings. Prepare annual budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports. Understand and provide explanation for variances.
Train and develop staff, provide coaching/counseling, conduct appraisals, and make hiring decisions. Address complaints and resolve problems.
Perform regular inspections of property. Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary. Contract for vendor services and supervises as required. Require basic understanding of tenant and capital improvements.
Coordinate marketing and leasing of properties, shows space, qualify prospective tenants, and negotiate new leases and lease renewals as assigned. Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs, and "walk-through" spaces with tenants and construction management department. Performs lease administration duties including preparing vacant space for lease, verifying lease data, and keeping abreast of future requirements.
Oversee the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices. Recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
Participate in civic and business organizations. Attend BOMA and/or IREM programs and activities. Conduct and maintain relationships with "key" clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, representatives of government, public service organizations, customers and vendors as necessary in the overall management of the property.
Through sound supervision and planning, motivate and monitor a portfolio team to accomplish the following:
• Respond to and resolve tenant complaints on assigned properties in a timely and professional manner.
• Administer tenants' compliance with the terms of the lease.
• Implement rent collections procedures to obtain timely collection of rent.
• Recommend action to be taken regarding tenant default and implement plan as determined by the Director of Real Estate Services. Coordinate action required by Landlord related to tenant default.
• Inspect properties on a weekly and monthly basis for maintenance needs.
• Coordinate maintenance and refurbishment needs with construction management team and follow up through completion, monitoring work orders.
• Obtain bids for common area maintenance contracts, tenant improvements and capital expenditures and analyze for value. Prepare contracts and associated in-house paperwork for expenditures.
• Supervise contractors and related work through successful completion. Obtain Labor and Materials lien releases from contractors. Post Notices of Non-Responsibility as needed.
• Conduct walk through with tenants prior to occupancy and upon expiration of lease, complete related paperwork for closing out tenant account on a timely basis.
• Maintain all project files in current order.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers