Pacific Rim Land, Inc. (PRL) (a sister company of Goodfellow Bros.), is a private real estate investment, development and management company founded in 1990, with offices in Hawaii and Washington. PRL and its affiliates invest in a variety of real estate assets including residential, hotel, retail and vacant land, primarily in Hawaii and the U.S. West Coast.
Pacific Rim Land, Inc. seeks an exceptionally talented individual to fill an opening for a Tax Manager in our Wenatchee, Washington office. The Tax Manager is an executive position and will assume strategic financial leadership for the tax functions of PRL’s various partnership investments and their interests in Goodfellow Bros. construction entities.
Reporting to the PRL President, this executive will be responsible for developing and implementing the company’s federal & state tax strategies, including direct and indirect taxes. This person will have an enterprise focus and will ensure that tax planning and tax practices are aligned with business processes and overall strategy. Strong experience in Subchapter K of the Internal Revenue Code and hypothetical liquidation at book value (HLBV) are important qualifications. Strong leadership, including the ability to assess and enhance the current tax organization, is critical. As such, this person’s success in the role will also be measured by the ability to scale with the organization as appropriate. Ideal candidates will have exceptional financial and business acumen and will bring commercial judgment, creativity, and proven leadership to the tax team.
• Oversee the development of a comprehensive tax planning strategy to minimize the tax burden while maintaining proper compliance with existing tax laws. Proactively identify issues, confer with independent tax counsel, and position the company at the forefront of breaking tax strategies.
• Oversee and manage all periodic filings of federal and state income tax processes and sales and use and property tax processes.
• Lead process improvement activities cross-functionally, between operating entities and outside family investments, to improve the estimated income reporting process.
• Oversee tax forecasting activities and tracking of uncertain tax positions. Initiate periodic, internal audits and defend the company’s tax returns.
• Lead short and long-term strategic tax planning efforts for ownership and their family investments.
• Play an integral role in maintaining a highly responsive and technically sound tax department that supports the long-term approach of the organization and interfaces across the organization to support key business initiatives.
• Ensure that the corporation maintains up-to-date tax expertise and awareness of federal and state laws and their impact. Make recommendations and alternatives for protecting corporate resources.
• Evaluate tax impacts of new transactions, both organic and acquisitive.
• Maintain strong relationship with the external auditor and outside tax counsel. Interface with the Internal Revenue Service, outside tax consultants, and other professional associates in the exchange of tax information.
• Coordinate and perform global tax research and planning activities to optimize taxes and the effective tax rate and enhance cash flow. Includes
working with the entire leadership team, and external tax consultants, to develop and implement effective long-term tax strategies.
• Review contractual arrangements entered into by the company as well as review of purchase agreements, investment agreements and distribution agreements from a tax disclosure and tax due diligence standpoint.
• Prepare, review and/or present periodic presentations to the Ownership and senior management at all levels on key tax issue developments with a focus on risk management.
• Requires periodic travel as needed.
Required Education / Skills / Knowledge:
• 10 – 15+ years of total experience, including experience in the tax group of significant scale, including a minimum of three years of experience in the lead tax role.
• A CPA is required.
• An undergraduate degree with a financial concentration.
• A minimum of four years in public accounting experience is required.
• Impeccable integrity, words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic.
• A team player that has significant depth of knowledge in US partnership tax accounting experience, and who also has a successful track record of increasing efficiency, issue spotting, tax research, US GAAP / ASC 740 and tax accounting support.
• Experience with M&A due diligence and integration, structuring transactions, including financing transactions and tax equity is required.
• Highly focused and committed executive who continually strives to excel and deliver superior performance.
• Very strong organizational and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
• A positive, optimistic, action-oriented individual with a ‘can do’ mentality.
• Experience in both partnership, individual, and trust tax returns is a plus.
Pacific Rim Land offers a very competitive salary and benefit package, to include annual bonuses, paid vacation, sick and holidays, profit sharing and 401(k) plan, wellness plan, community service opportunities, etc.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers