Main Market Co-op PT cook and deli floater
QR Code Link to This Post
The Main Market Food Co-op is currently seeking a part time prep cook/float. This position starts with weekend days 12-16 hours, but will have the capacity to work into more hours to cover call outs and vacations as well as provide support during the busy summer season.
Applicant qualities must include:
*Knowledge of natural foods and alternative ingredients
*Excellent knife skills
* Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills.
*Motivated and self-directed
*Ability to sustain a brisk working pace and stand for 8 hours
*A positive, friendly attitude
*Ability to work with a wide variety of customers
*Punctual and reliable
* Must be able to meet physical demands including standing, bending, twisting, repetitive motion and lifting up to 50lbs. regularly.
* Must be available to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends
*Must possess current food handler’s card.
Duties include: Preparing ingredients for deli scratch items, ensuring quality control over final product. Maintaining the deli salad bar. Packaging and maintaining all grab and go items. Practice established safety and sanitation procedures for proper food handling and preparation.
Please respond to this posting via email with the following information:
1. Your current resume in word or PDF formatting with at least 2 professional references
2. Why you want the position
3. Your availability
4. Why working in a co-operative grocery store is important and interesting to you
Please no stopping by the store or phone calls