compensation: An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals at all experience levels that meet the minimum job qualifications. Starting pay depends on relevant experience and competencies. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
CubCrafters is the worldwide industry leader in the design and manufacture of light STOL capable general aviation aircraft. A passion for personal adventure aviation is at the core of our business, and fuels our commitment to our customers and the products and services we provide.
With deep roots in the 90-year history of classic taildragger aviation, we leverage decades of experience to design, develop, and bring to market completely modern and innovative best-of-class STOL aircraft. We strive to deliver choice and value with the products we offer while providing the highest level of customer safety and exceptional customer service.
The Brand Manager is a full-time position that reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated, energetic, and talented individual to help us push the edges of the CubCrafters brand by leveraging the impact of the backcountry aviation culture and the backcountry flying experience to both new and existing audiences. Ultimately, the Brand Manager is responsible for creating the brand energy needed to enhance consumer demand for CubCrafters products and services, both domestically and internationally.
A minimum of 3+ years of experience within Brand Marketing or related experience in marketing strategy, marketing planning, marketing implementation, retail merchandising, display and events which work within culture, influencer, or energy based marketing.
Candidates with previous, immersive, experience in the backcountry aviation culture, tailwheel flying communities, or other related aviation and/or outdoor adventure experience are highly desired.
• Lead our Brand Marketing effort by creating and executing seasonal, annual, and long-term plans and
initiatives that continuously drives brand energy, fuels consumer demand, and strengthens our company’s
connection with consumers.
• Establish the specific objectives, priorities, and processes necessary to achieve the strategic business,
marketing, and brand development goals established by the Senior Leadership Team.
• Be an amazing teammate and partner to individuals and organizations external to the company that fuel our
brand through Influencer Marketing - including growing and evolving our influencer strategy with existing
customers, affiliates, and partner organizations
• Identify, foster, develop, and leverage new relationships with other Influencers in General Aviation that have
the ability to take our brand to new places and into new markets.
• Collaborate with internal CubCrafters staff and leadership on specific Sales, Merchandising, Brand
Communications, Public Relations, Influencer Marketing, Entertainment Marketing, Digital and Print
Media Marketing, Retail Brand Marketing, and Brand Experience initiatives.
• Write press releases and other media communications to promote CubCrafters, its products, and services.
Identify, develop, and maintain positive relations with aviation press and media contacts.
• Specialize in knowing the overall culture of General Aviation, with specific emphasis on the backcountry
flying community, our consumers, and our marketplace. Study, understand, and stay current on STOL
design and innovation trends, both internal and external to CubCrafters.
• Have an in-depth understanding of, and experience with, digital platforms/commerce and a strong
knowledge of the latest trends. The Brand Manager should personally use mobile apps, social media, blogs,
forums, and other tech related to modern connectivity.
• Live the function. The Brand Manager should participate in outdoor lifestyle activities on a regular basis
and be able to understand, connect with, and monitor trends within the outdoor adventure community on a
deep and personal level.
• Continuously mine for consumer insights through relationships and/or research that helps drive a strong
marketing vision, fuels marketing initiatives, creates new consumer experiences, and provides an
understanding of our consumer needs and behaviors.
• Fully understand and be knowledgeable of all CubCrafters products, our various industry partners and
collaborators, and the General Aviation media. Foster great working relationships with each.
• Understand and be able to operate video, camera, drone, audio, and computer equipment as necessary to
capture and produce high quality content for the CubCrafters website, blog, web forum(s), and/or various
social media platforms.
• Help manage both Factory and off-site consumer events, along with company and affiliate participation in
various aviation events and trade shows.
• Bring new business / partnership ideas and opportunities to the team.
• Manage time, people, and budgets as directed. Establish success criteria and track metrics for brand
initiatives. Develop multimedia talent and content producers within the organization.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; influence; strategic planning; approachability; time and performance management; strong consumer interaction skills; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; top level communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; the ability to briefly and accurately express complex technical ideas in terms that permit the listener to make a valid decision; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
This is not an entry level position; we are looking for an experienced professional to maintain and further develop an existing industry best-of-class brand in a competitive marketplace. The successful candidate is expected to be a key day-to-day manager and contribute to the strategic vision of the larger organization. An industry-competitive package, including performance bonuses, is being offered for top-notch individuals.
• Six paid holidays annually;
• One week of paid vacation after year one of employment and two weeks of paid vacation per year
• Sick leave policy which is more generous than Washington State requires.
• Employee-discretionary tax-free savings in the form of a 401K plan with Cub Crafters matching
contributions up to 4% after six months of employment;
• Major medical plan for you (the employee) provided, with separate vision, dental, life, and LTD coverage for
you and all family members available at your expense, at a group rate. Health care plan is available the first
of the month after 30 days of continuous employment;
• Pilot development program and flight opportunities, including subsidized aircraft rental.
This job is located at the CubCrafters factory at McAllister Field (KYKM) in Yakima, Washington. With its beautiful weather, central location, relatively low cost of living, abundant outdoor activities, and a strong sense of community, Yakima is a premiere place to raise a family, live, work, and play.
The Yakima Valley is known as the Heart of Central Washington and recognized for its agriculture, a vibrant wine and craft beverage brewing industry, blue skies, time saving commutes, and affordable housing. The valley is surrounded by numerous recreation areas for outdoor activities including Mount Rainer National Park, the Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and William O. Douglas Wildernesses, the Wenatchee National Forest, and the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Great skiing is just 50 miles away in the Cascade Mountains in winter. Seattle, Portland, the San Juan Islands, Vancouver BC, the Olympic Peninsula, and the Pacific Ocean are just a few hours’ drive away for even more adventure.
The climate of the Yakima Valley is mild and dry, having characteristics of both maritime and continental climates modified by the Cascade and Rocky Mountains. The summers are dry and warm, and the winters are cool with light snowfall. There is an average of 300 days of sunshine each year with a normal total of 7.98 inches of precipitation.
SHORT POSTING ADVERTISEMENT:
Be on the front lines of the team that’s putting the adventure into aviation. CubCrafters has established an industry leading brand within General Aviation that is synonymous with best-of-class STOL performance and personal adventure in aviation. We are seeking a talented and energetic marketing professional that can create brand energy now and into the future. If you have an infectious passion for aviation and outdoor adventure and are savvy in producing exciting digital content and leveraging Influencer Marketing, apply today!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers