compensation: Depends on qualification employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Beacon Hill Events | Event Manager
About Beacon Hill Events
Located in Spokane, WA, Beacon Hill Events provides exceptional catering and a distinctive venue for our clients and their guests. We are a well-established, successful, family owned business with a solid reputation for providing high quality food, exceptional service, and an immaculately maintained event facility. Throughout the year, we host hundreds of weddings, meetings, and celebrations at our Event Center and at other locations around the region.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Event Manager's (EM) role is to ensure standards of service quality are met by Event Staff during event implementation, perform HR related functions for Event Staff, and provide sales and administrative support to the Company's management team.
The EM will perform a wide range of complex and confidential duties, including, but not limited, to:
• Perform Event Staff HR functions, including but not limited to: screening, hiring, onboarding, training, supervising, and evaluating.
• Create Event Staff schedules to ensure optimal staff count and skill mix.
• Order event supplies (linen, alcohol, flowers, etc.), distribute Banquet Event Orders, and event manager packets.
• Oversee event implementation to train/re-train staff and to monitor and maintain quality of service standards.
• Deal with staff issues post event.
• Responsible for quality control of events, by popping in on functions to spot-check staff.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining event staff training manuals.
• Recognize client and guest needs and react appropriately.
• Help improve existing processes and procedures to support all areas of business operations
• Assist sales efforts by professionally directing the flow of information and traffic in the office including phone calls, appointments, and inquiries.
• Assist sales and catering team with administrative duties such as creating contracts, entering bookings in Caterease, and sending informational packets for new catering inquiries.
• Spot clean the event facility between events to support tour
• Provide leadership to build client relationships crucial to the success of the organization,
• Help maintain accurate schedules for recurring equipment and vehicle maintenance
• Coordinate/create special reports and projects as assigned.
• Must be able to work Friday and Saturday days and nights.
• Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Experience staff training and supervising staff. (Experience in a high staff turnover business is preferred)
• Advanced-level skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Experience entering data into and retrieving data from (querying) databases. Knowledge of Caterease software is a plus.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers, staff, and vendors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form,
• Ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
• Experience in the Event Management field is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle and feel objects, tools controls and type; talk with and hear customers and co-workers. The staff member is required to stand and walk. The staff member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The specific vision abilities required are: close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate Degree or a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Hospitality Administration or similar preferred. Extensive relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Three to five years of relevant work experience.
• Possess a valid WA State driver's license with clean driving history
• Must complete an employment application after initial screening interview.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 40-hour per week, year-round, salaried position. Hours will be Tuesday through Saturday. Must be able to work Friday and Saturday days and evenings. Salary depends upon qualifications. Benefits include medical insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan after end of 90-day probationary period.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. Management may revise, rescind or modify any portion of this job description at any time
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Submit a resume with a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position. Please do not submit a generic cover letter.
In Person or Mail
Resume and cover letter can be delivered or mailed to HR at Beacon Hill Events 4848 E. Valley Springs Road, Spokane, WA 99217. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, excluding major holidays.
Send Resume and cover letter via craigslist.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers