The Main Market Co-op is currently seeking a PT wellness buyer 25-30 hours/week. Our wellness buyer is responsible for selecting, purchasing, pricing, stocking and promoting wellness products to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor and customer service. This position oversees and is responsible for all functions of the Wellness department.
QR Code Link to This Post
This position is a key member of a department where cooperation is required to maintain staff morale, efficiency, quality products, and excellent customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• At least 1year previous experience purchasing and or working with health and wellness products
• Natural and/or organic retail grocery experience preferred
• Proven experience with Inventory Management, following and interpreting a budget, setting and correcting Margin goals, and managing a labor budget
• Proven sales experience
• Knowledge of Natural Foods Industry
• Ability to ascertain and anticipate dept needs
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills, in person and on computer
• Proficient in Office Suite
• Experience with Catapult/ECRS or other POS system
• Ability to work under fast-paced, changing conditions
• Flexibility and dependability
• Ordering experience
• Strong customer service experience
Duties include: Receiving, organizing and stocking merchandise displays in the store, providing shoppers with a pleasant, friendly, efficient, shopping experience.
Please respond to this posting via email with the following information:
1. Your current resume in word or PDF formatting with at least 2 professional references>
2. Why you want the position?
3. Your availability.
4. Why working in a co-operative grocery store is important and interesting to you?
Please no phone calls or stopping by the store