Guinea Kids Health and Education Fund sponsors formal education and provides healthcare to impoverished children in Guinea, West Africa. For the last 15 years, we have been personally sponsoring those children and their families. In 2019, we established ourselves as a 501(c)3 organization and began requesting medical and construction donations to build a hospital and expand the education program.
QR Code Link to This Post
To support high-quality children’s healthcare and education and provide opportunities for people to experience and benefit from the richness of Guinean culture.
The people of Guinea are healthy, self-reliant, empowered, and thriving supported by a mutually enriching connection with people around the world. We will do this by:
—Providing tuition, uniforms, books, supplies, and meals for students
—Providing annual well-child visits to include medical, dental, and eye exams
—Provide an annual cultural exchange opportunity for people from around the world to enjoy life in Guinea through music, dance, and volunteerism.
We are requesting gifts in the form of the following:
1. Commercial property or residential home that can be used as a business hub. We need a central location from which to operate administrative business, hold meetings, receive regular donations and drop-offs, as well as offer events that will help us to continue to raise funds such as offering African music/drum and dance classes;
2. Shipping containers to send donated medical and construction supplies to construct the hospital;
3. Enclosed trailer (6’ x 12’ desired) to pick up donations that cannot be delivered;
4. Pick up trucks (3/4 ton desired) to pull heavy construction equipment and materials from donors;
5. 15-passenger van to be shipped to Africa to assist with transporting children to school, tutoring and after school activities;
6. Construction equipment and supplies; and
7. Medical equipment, supplies, and medications.
The commercial property (or modifiable residential property) needs at least two office spaces, storage room, an open-floor space for events /community gathering and receiving donations, enough vehicle storage to park a shipping container in addition to 3-4 cars. A desirable location is within 20 miles of downtown Spokane, WA. We believe a commercial or retail space of at least 3,000 square feet without noise restrictions (for musical events) would be ideal to grow in place. We are happy to accept a larger space if available.
Currently, we do not have space to accept donations and we must rent space to hold fundraisers. We find a lot of free construction materials online but cannot pick them up because we don't have a truck and trailer.
Please visit our website to learn more about Guinea Kids and our vision! www.GuineaKids.org